On behalf of the Economics department, we sincerely thank you for making a difference in your community and workplace. When you achieve, we achieve.
Our students and alumni are the heartbeat of our department. Providing an exceptional education that students can count on is key to our success, and annual gifts from alumni like you make this exceptional education possible.
With you, we can enhance the learning experience for Economics students through:
- providing scholarships for economics and financial economics majors,
- expanding the size of the Student Investment Fund, and
- supplying new computers with the latest version of Stata, an econometric software.
Did you know?
- If 10 alumni gave $40, we could upgrade all 15 computers in our student computer lab with the latest version of Stata.
- If 20 alumni gave $50, we could expand the range of assets in the Student Investment Fund.
- If 25 alumni gave $100, we could fund a scholarship for an economics student.
- If 30 alumni gave $50, we could provide three new desktop computers in the student computer lab.
Annual gifts also help expand learning in the classroom through research and study abroad experiences, as well as provide resources for the university's areas of greatest need.
Your gift is extremely important and many of our students are depending on you. Show your support and make an impact today. With you we can make a difference.
All contributions raised are administered by the UMBC Foundation for the benefit of UMBC.
Photo Caption: Four economics students involved in the UMBC Virtual Trading Room