Meyerhoff Parents Association Operating Fund
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Meyerhoff Scholars Program, founded in 1988, has become a national model for diversifying America's scientific and engineering workforce through its efforts to significantly increase the number of students who go on to earn a Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. in the STEM field.
The Meyerhoff Parents Association (MPA) supports scholars of this program which opens doors to new and novel experiences, forges lifelong relationships and propels students toward a fulfilling career.
How can you help?
The Meyerhoff Parents Association funds student needs and sponsors a number of student-centric activities throughout the year, below is a synopsis:
- Continuously offer financial assistance for students’ conferences and travel.
- Support scholar attendance at the Meyerhoff Annual Fall Welcome retreat and cookout in September
- Host the MPA Annual Family Meet and Greet for all current and alumni parents in the fall
- Organize the Pre-exam Fall / Spring Stress Busters, high-energy events that brings scholars together for food, therapeutic massage, entertainment and team building
- Host Meyerhoff Selection Weekend sessions to share information with prospective parents in March
- Celebrate the senior cohort and their families at our Senior Reception in May
- Sponsor the Summer Stress Buster for incoming scholars, as well as the Summer Bridge Closing Luncheon and Meeting for participants’ parents
Your gift to the Meyerhoff Parents Association Operating Fund provides unrestricted dollars that bring these activities into fruition, every gift counts! Employer match donations are welcomed!
Please consider honoring a scholar, alumnus, or cohort with your gift! If so, please identify in the comment section the cohort, student, or alumnus you are recognizing.
Alternative Donation Methods (Check/Money Order, Manual Credit Card…Cash Donations Not Accepted)
Complete and mail Meyerhoff Parents Association – Donation Form (checks/money orders) or Manual Credit Card Form if you do not wish to use this online portal
Contact Us at email@example.com or visit our website for more information. For general scholarship inquiries, contact the Meyerhoff Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MPA is part of the UMBC Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
All funds raised are administered by the UMBC Foundation for the benefit of UMBC.