Meyerhoff Parents Association Operating Fund
The mission of the Meyerhoff Parents Association (MPA) is to support and perpetuate the Meyerhoff Scholars Program by fostering unification among scholarship recipients, as well as among their families.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Meyerhoff Scholars Program , founded in 1988, has become a national model for diversifying America's scientific and engineering workforce through its efforts to significantly increase the number of students who go on to earn a Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. in the STEM field.
To better understand our program, review the following:
How can you help?
The MPA helps to fund student needs and sponsors a number of student-centric activities throughout the year.
- In September, the MPA supports the Meyerhoff Annual Fall Family Picnic and retreat.
- In September and October, we host the MPA Annual Family Meeting/Dinner for all Cohort Parents and Scholars.
- During December, we hold the Pre-exam Fall Stress Buster, a high-energy event that brings Scholars together for food, fun, and engagement.
- Each February/March, we host Meyerhoff Selection Weekend sessions, which are a time to share information with prospective parents.
- In May, we celebrate graduating seniors and their families at our Senior Reception, and we also plan a Pre-exam Spring Stress Buster Picnic.
- Each year in June/July we organize the Summer Stress Buster for incoming scholars, as well as the Summer Bridge Closing Luncheon and Meeting for parents of participants.
The MPA operating funds are derived primarily from generous giving by Meyerhoff parents, in addition to various fundraisers we host throughout the academic year with the help of community partners. Your gift to the Meyerhoff Parents Association Operating Fund provides unrestricted dollars which support these activities. Without these funds, the events could not exist.
Gifts of any size are greatly appreciated as the MPA is working hard to fulfill their mission.
Please consider honoring a scholar, alumnus, or cohort with your gift! If so, please identify in the comment section the cohort, student, or alumnus you are recognizing.
The MPA is part of the UMBC Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
If you prefer to donate by check, please print a donation form and mail in your check made payable to the UMBC Foundation (In memo field, note MPA ACCT #05-20127).
Please mail your gift to UMBC Foundation , 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250.
You may contact the Meyerhoff Parents Association at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at http://meyerhoff.umbc.edu/ for more information. For general scholarship inquiries, feel free to contact the Meyerhoff Office at 410-455-3139.
All funds raised are administered by the UMBC Foundation for the benefit of UMBC.